- What is Google AdWords?
Google AdWords is an advertising program offered by Google to help businesses with Google ads program. It takes some defined standards like Keywords, interest, topics etc. to display on Search pages.
It helps businesses to reach their customers fast without much effort. Also, you only pay whenever a user clicks on the ad. This offer is called PPC or Pay Per Scheme.
- Why PPC marketing is beneficial in the initial phase of marketing?
PPC is a service in which you are only charged when a user clicks on the ads, for example, if a user is browsing a webpage and sees your but doesn’t click on it then you are not charged. PPC is the nicest form of marketing because it is cost-effective and offers many features.
- Explain how AdWords work?
Thousands of sites are submitted to Google for listing on the top of the search page and Google defines the ad position based on Maximum bid and Quality rank. Websites that achieve the best of all are ranked at the top.
- Why using Google AdWords is a good idea?
Ads at the top of the search page work like a magic lamp. It can easily bring you traffic more than you expect. Now as we know around 80% of people uses Google as their search engine and browser. This is why Google AdWords is worth it, as it can bring you high traffic in a short span of time.
- What is an Ad Rank?
Ad Rank is the rank of an ad achieved on the Google search pages. It is defined by factors like bidding amount, content quality, keywords, ad quality, the relevancy. The websites which have the best combined achieve the highest rank. These factors are always fluctuated and can be affected if any illegal method is being performed on the website.
- Explain what is Google Quality Score (GQS)?
GQS is a score delivered by Google on the factors of relevancy, uniqueness, context originality, CTR, users experience and many more. The score is given from 1 to 10 where 10 indicates the best and 1 as the lowest. This score can tell you many things like what Google thinks about your website, correctness of your site.
- What formula is used to find Click Through Rate?
CTR = Clicks/ number of impressions
- Why CPM, CPC and CPV bidding is important?
- CPC – Cost per click. Formula – Total clicks/ Number of Clicks
- CPM- Cost per thousand. Formula – (Total money spend/ Number of impressions)* 1000
- CPV – Cost per view. Formula- Total money spend/Number of views.
- What is the size limit of a URL?
- How an ad rotation works?
As rotation means how would you like to rotate the advertisement over a span of time considering some factors. For example – on the basis of performance, clicks, impression etc.
- How clicks and impressions are different?
Impressions – The number of users who viewed yours as through any link, banner, promotional video or gif. It tells you the broadness of your ad.
Clicks – The number of users that clicked on your ad and redirected to the intentional platform. It tells you the number of users that visited your platform.
- How many characters can be passed as input in AdWords ads?
- Headline1 allows 30 characters.
- Headline2 allows 30 characters.
- Headline3 allows 30 characters.
- Description1 allows 90 characters.
- Description2 allows 90 characters.
- Path 15 characters each.
Some of these changes have been made recently.
- What are the different stages of an automated bidding strategy?
An automated bidding strategy is a strategy in which Google AdWords designs a bidding amount for your Google AdWords ads by itself by considering factors like how much your website is capable of and other factors based on the website.
- How a Phrase Match works?
It is a feature that enables your ad to be displayed to the audience when they search the exact phrases or related to your phrase. For example- if your keyword is “digital marketing” then your ad will be visible to users searching phrases like “digital marketing”, ”digital marketing courses”, “best digital marketing courses”.
- What are the basic practices for new AdWords advertisers?
- Don’t go for a huge budget for a short time.
- Keep improving your quality score.
Take advantage of every feature available on Google AdWords.
- Keep developing your strategies.
- Always add a lead form on landing pages.
- Never think of malpractice like keyword stuffing.
- How frequency capping works in AdWords?
This feature limits how many a single user can see your ad. It helps in filtering out the not performing users.
- Explain the Google Click-to-Call function.
This function is beneficial for small businesses that do not want a website. By enabling this function you can leave your contact number through which users will be able to contact you.
- How to exclude an IP Address in Google AdWords?
Steps to exclude an IP Address in Google AdWords:-
- Click on settings from the page menu.
- Select your campaign.
- Click to widen the IP section area.
- Type the IP addresses you want to exclude from.
- How a search term works in Google AdWords?
Search terms indicate the queries that are helping you get visitors or traffic. By analyzing this report you can improve the quality of your keywords and can find new negative keywords.
- How you can automatically include the user’s query?
- By using dynamic keyword insertion.
- What is the difference between automatic and managed placements?
Manual Placement is a process in which you can choose the apps, location, website you want your ad to be displayed in.
Automation placement is a process in which you do not have to control the ads placement, it is done by AdWords itself.
- What are the different first steps you should take if your ads get disapproved for any reason?
If your ad is not approved by Google, you will receive a mail from them regarding your disapproval. You can find out the reason through the input that Google AdWords gave you. The next step should be to fix those errors and can then again request ad approval.
- How to use keywords in Google AdWords?
Keywords are the common phrases that are searched by users while looking for an answer or solution. Keywords are the most important factor in improving the SEO of a website. You can check how keywords of your content are performing and can find the more relevant keywords.
- How to use negative keywords?
Negative keywords keep you out of the search phrases that you wish not to be included in. For example, you are selling a paid course and you do not want to appear as the result of search phrases like free courses then you can use this method.
- What are ad groups in AdWords?
A group is a combination or a place of multiple elements like keywords, statistics of the website, landing pages, etc. which helps Google when deciding whether it should consider displaying the website.
- How to track conversion rate in Google AdWords?
- To track the conversion rate you can follow these steps-
- Click on the tool and analysis button
You will see the funnels which tells shows you when did the user clicked on your ad and how many times he/she was shown before clicking.
- How to improve an ad?
- Improve the quality score.
- Increase the bidding amount.
- Add lead form on landing pages.
- Different ads for every landing page.
- Improve the keyword accuracy and relevancy.
- What is the maximum number of campaigns and ad groups you can create?
Maximum number of campaigns – 10000
Maximum number of ad group campaigns – 20000
- What is a converted click?
Converted clicks are the number of clicks that brings that a conversion. You can check the conversion clicks for a specified interval of time. The default time is set to 30 days.
- Why Google AdWords is considered to be the best?
AdWords is best because it helps you do an depth analysis of your online ads. Also, it offers multiple features like PPC which is cost-effective and much easy to use.
- How do Google Ad Extensions work?
It is the additional information that you see with the ads. Generally, this information is phone number, location, reviews, images, etc. Google extensions can improve the SEO score and CTR by many points because it makes the users feel informative.
- What are the different types of Ad Extensions?
- Communication and social extension.
- Mobile app extensions.
- Review extension.
- Callout Extension
- Location Extensions.
- Price Extension.
- Seller rating extension.
33. What options becomes permanent once the account is created?
Time zone and currency parameters can’t be changed once decided.
- What is the formula for ROAS?
ROAS stand for Revenue on Ad Spend and the name describes itself pretty much. To calculate ROAS we use the formula
- How do targeting options work in Google AdWords?
Targeting options are:
- Audience targeting
- Content targeting
- Mention different types of keyword matches?
- Broad match
- Broad match modifier
- Phrase Match
- Exact Match
- Negative Match
- Is PPC suitable for big brands?
PPC is suitable for every business regardless of how big or small they are. There are no special standards that one business needs to follow. You can start it with a small budget also.
- What are Invalid Clicks?
Invalid clicks are illegal clicks that are made are some automation process or through any software with the aim of increasing your ad spend.
- Can we use our link to a PDF?
No, Google does not allow it.
- Why do some agencies use broad matches with negative keywords?
Every paid searching platform uses a different set of keyword match types to determine how the viewership of ads. Accordingly, the platform can target how to show the ads according to the searches. Broad match keywords are available by default in Google and Bing for using complex algorithms to read the lines and shoe relevant ads.
- What is Remarketing?
Remarketing is the process of showing ads to the visitors who have once visited the website but are not converted to potential customers for now. A user can be at any stage of the purchasing cycle. For example, he may have just visited the website or only the payment portion is left. Google AdWords remarketing campaigns are available in both modes i.e., search and display. The click rate in remarketing is relatively high in comparison to the normal because users are already interested in the products or services.
- What is the cost per click?
Cost per click (CPC) is an online advertising model which is used to bill advertisers as per the number of times visitors click an advertisement attached to the websites. One alternative to the cost per click model is the cost per thousand models which charges by the impressions on ads, number of views etc. The cost per click model is also called as pay per click model. The rate at which the advertiser pays can also be decided by formulas.
- How to Analyze the best Quality Score?
A good quality score relies on how you are bidding on the keyword. The best quality score ranges from 8 to 10 but it is tough to get the best score for all the keywords.
- How you can use automated bidding strategies?
- Maximizing clicks.
- Search Per Location…
- Cost Per Acquisition(CPA).
- Outranking share.
- Return on Ad Spend (ROAS).
- Improve CPC.
- How AdWords Express works?
AdWords express competes with Google Ads. It also allows you to publish the ads based on keywords and targeting criteria. The main difference between both services is that you can only manage the ads from a basic perspective while Google manages it all for you. AdWords Express is basically for the people and cannot manage all the things without support.
- What are the efficient methods of improving the landing page quality?
- Relevant and Unique Content
- Page Loading Speed
- Easy Navigation
- Powerful Header
- Page Compatible with every device
- Call-to-Action button
- Using Quality Score Checker
- Mention different types of access levels in AdWords?
- Administration access.
- Standard access
- Read-Only access.
- Email access.
- What is Google ad API?
Google Ads API is a modern programmatic interface that helps developers to interact with the developers directly with the Google Ad platform. Accordingly, the accounts can be managed automatically, and the feature of custom reporting is also there. As per the business requirement, developers can create Ad management based on the inventory available. Smart bidding strategies are also created as per the need and funds available in the account. Ad agencies, SEM companies and private businesses are highly benefitted by the same.